Monday, September 30, 2013

A Growing Collection of Early Childhood Resources.

                      EARLY CHILDHOOD RESOURCES

Articles:

  • National Organizations.

  • YC Young Children
  • Childhood
  • Journal of Child & Family Studies
  • Child Study Journal
  • Multicultural Education
  • Early Childhood Education Journal
  • Journal of Early Childhood Research
  • International Journal of Early Childhood
  • Early Childhood Research Quarterly
  • Developmental Psychology
  • Social Studies
  • Maternal & Child Health Journal
  • International Journal of Early Years Education

my Addition

COUSCIOUS DICIPLINE BASICS

Becky Bailey Teaching the Basic's of Counsiouds Discipline.


www.Ncaeyc.com
This is the website to the local state affiliate of the national Association of the Education of young children,(NAEYC)

www.ncchildcare.net
This is the website for my state that has all kinds of information for providers and parents regarding early care in our






5 comments:

  1. I love your additional resource of "conscious discipline basics" . I find that to be such a difficult topic with parents. Everyone exchanges discipline for corporal punishment, and where I support a parents decision to discipline their child how they see fit (within reason) I do believe some discipline is important. We do children a disservice when we raise them to not be accountable for their actions or without consequences. Great Resource Log!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,
    I think you have some great resources. I love Becky Bailey and how she uses Conscious Discipline to assist in behavior management. I like the "Pretzel" technique. She has some great songs to get your brain going. Are you familiar with brain smart start? Do you use all of her techniques at your job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting about standards in your own state. It is interesting to learn the requirements and developments in other states.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo Hester, I would like to say thank you very much for being there when I needed help with my blog. I still remember that you were one of the first one to ask everybody if we needed help, which I say yes and there was you helping everybody. I enjoyed reading your discussion boards and blogs; I sometimes waited for you to post something on your blog to see how I should do it, (don’t worry I did not plagiarized). I can see that you really enjoy being part of the lives of so many little children, especially your grandson; one of my dreams is to be able to adopt one day and you keep reminding me of that dream, thank you. I know that you will keep making a difference in so many children’s life, but most importantly the people around you. Keep being who you are and once again thank you for all your help, great job being a classmate. Enjoy your life and hope to see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you really did a great job in providing a large amount of resources about the NAEYC. This is a good choice because this organization stands at the forefront for Early Childhood Education. The multi media clip was interesting also but I'm still trying to figure out how if was done. Don't judge me, I am not the smartest with computers.

    ReplyDelete