Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Personal Childhood Web (Week 3 Blog Assignment)

.
My mom, Jo Ann and I my first teacher.
My mom is my rock she has been there for me from day one, through thick and then she always has my back. She has shaped the women that I am now. Back when I was young you didn't have to attend Kindergarten and I didn't but she taught me everything and I entered first grade at 5 while we were stationed in Spain.
I am blessed to have my mom living right around the corner.







My mom and Ron continue to have an impact on my life because I know that without them being there to help with Dj I would never have gotten my Bachelors Degree. They have my back with Dj and I always know that he is taken care of. It's a group effort of the three of us, and at this time in all of our lives we didn't expect this but we love DJ to death and couldn't hink of our lives without him so we gladly do it.


Ron, My step Dad and Dj

Ron is my Step Dad and Dj is my grandson but I have raised him since birth( He is 10 now). I don't know what I would do without Ron in my life to be a part of his life. Dj will be forever shaped by his presence in his life. I tear up to ever think about his life without Ron in it and mine for that matter.


Having Ron and My mother to help raise this little boy has made such a difference in his life and will for a lifetime.



My first love and First Husband
Julius (Us at our Senior Prom'85)

I think that Your first love always shapes our life and relationships for the future and mine has. We were high school sweet hearts and the parents of two daughters. Our lives have moved on and in different directions but have shaped each others whether it's in a good or negative way.



Rather not get into the negative influences that this experience continues to impact my future.







  My daughters, Whitney and Nicole(Picture of us @ my second wedding)

My daughters have been my life since birth, they are 27 and 24 now and with children of there own. It was for the most part just me and them throughout their lives, we cried, struggled and lived through it all. They shaped who I am and I hope that I made a difference in their lives as well.

My daughters continue to be an influence in my life and I think that I continue to try to go after higher education to show them that it can be done.

5 comments:

  1. I congratulate you in your journey through your personal life and education. It seems that you have a loving/supporting family. Is never to late to learn something in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Beautiful, family you have and yourself too. Love, love, love your prom photo and the awesome gloves. I can see that you are blessed to have you family by your side.-Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jo, I can relate to your comments about sharing a closeness with your mother. I just want to say that you are truly blessed to have such a close connection to your mother and family. My father is really sick and after the death of my only brother ten years ago next month, my mother and I have grown really close. I wish you the best in all that you are doing and I really look up to your hard work and dedication it shows through your work. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo,you are amazing. I know that you are happy to have your mom in your life. I wish my mother was still here. I know that your daughters a very proud of you. You are very encouraging in many ways. I know that DJ is glad that you chose to raise him. You have a nice little family. When I read your posts, it gives me so much hope. I really wish my mom could see me now. Would she be proud?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very fortunate to have those experiences because some people did not have the opportunity to engage in positive experiences with their parents, family, and people in their community.

    ReplyDelete