Saturday, March 8, 2014

Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

I decided to go with the option of the world forum podcast, but I could not find any on the site. So I will continue this week to try to make contact with 2 colleagues from other countries. I have chosen the website http://www.nbcdi.org/. I found this website while looking on the world forum website. It is the National Black Child Development Institute who's mission is to improve and advance the quality of life for Black children and their families through education and advocacy.”  and has a vision to NBCDI envisions a society that ensures a successful future for all children.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jo,

    I too selected NBCDI website for this course. I was pleased to a website that enables early childhood professionals to acknowledge social issues and overturn challenges in which endangers African-American children and families. It is important for families in low-income neighborhoods to receive high-quality education and community support. Over the years, we have seen our culture granted limited services in open education (ex: proper school supplies, health screenings, educational grants, food and nutrition and etc), therefore, NBCDI and other children organizations gives confidence for us (teachers) to become active members in our community and culture.

    Tanya Terrell

    ReplyDelete